Classic Car Insurance
Classic Car Insurance is a special type of insurance applied for cars which have been classified as "vintage" or "classic" cars.
These exotic cars have great historical value. These cars can be put into 3 categories based on the year of production:
- The cars manufactured before 1903 are called Veteran cars.
- The cars built between 1903 and 1933 are called Vintage Cars.
- The cars built between 1933 and 1973 are called Classic cars.
Actually all cars which are older than 35 years can be termed as classic cars. While driving a vintage car has its own satisfaction and pride, it is important to keep it insured against all types of mis-happenings. The definition of a vintage car may be different for you than an insurance company. Therefore it is very important that you come to an agreement with your insurance company about the agreed value of the car. The agreed car value is the value which you should receive in case of total loss or if the car is stolen and could not be recovered. Langlois Insurance Agency will take into account various considerations before valuing the car and setting up the coverage amount on your vintage car. A few such considerations are given below:
- The age and make of the car.
- The way the car is kept and maintained. Since these are vintage cars, they are expected to be kept nicely in a garage instead of pavement or road.
- The driving history of ownership.
- The cost of repair and spare parts.
- Type of insurance being applied by the owner.
Usually, the mileage of these cars is very low since these cars are not expected to be the primary mode of transportation. These cars are taken out only for an occasional spin or to show in exhibitions or clubs. Usually, the mileage of these cars would be limited by insurance companies between 1000 to 5000 miles per year.
Since insurance is a very important consideration regarding a vintage car, you should make every attempt to get a Comprehensive Insurance policy. Also make certain that you understand all the terms and conditions of the policy. In case there is a claim, you should not get any rude shocks!
Langlois Insurance Agency can provide an insurance policy for your Classic Car Insurance. Just fill in your personal/car details above and get a free quote!